There are two main trekking trails to hike in Mount Agung, via Pasar Agung, and via Besakih. If you want to hike the mountain but do not want to go through challenging trail; you can choose the route via Pasar Agung. The trail of Mount Agung sunrise trekking via Pasar Agung is considered less difficult because it ends bellow the actual summit of the mount for around 100 meters. With such trekking trail, it takes around 4 hours to go up and 3.5 hours to go down the mountain. The hiking trek began from the Pura Pasar Agung and continues walking up through the rain forest. As getting the higher elevation, it will be more difficult to walk on the steep and rocky trail. The trekking tour usually starts early in the morning from 2 am to be able to catch the sunrise. You will reach the sunrise point just before sunrise and then descend from the peak around 10-11 am.
On this tour you will enjoy:
- Wonderful sunrise on the peak of Mount Agung
- Explore tropical rainforest
- Interaction with local people
- Enjoy amazing view of the surrounding Mount Agung
Drop off and pick up are available from almost all location in Bali. Please do check the pick up schedule details.
- 01:00-01:30 am: Pick up at your hotel (please check the pick up schedule for more information.
- 02:00 am: start trekking
- 06:00 am: reach the volcano peak
- 06:30 am: enjoy sunrise and breakfast
- 10:00 am: start to descend
- 01:30 pm: reach trekking starting point and go back to hotel
- 02:30 pm: arrive at your hotel
- 01:00 am : Kuta, Seminyak, Legian
- 01:00 am: Nusa dua, Jimbaran
- 01:30 am: Sanur Denpasar
- 02:00 am: Ubud
- If you stay on other locations, please confirmed with our staff.
Drop off time to your hotel depends on the hotel location.
Things to bring
- Trekking outfits including jacket, climbing shoes, long pants, rain coat, and t-shirt
- Extra clothes
- Personal medication if needed
- Pick up and drop off with English speaking driver and private car with AC
- English speaking and experienced trekking guide
- Insurance coverage
- Trekking equipment
- Bottled drinking water
- Morning coffee or tea
- Personal shopping
Price per Person IDR (2 pax min.): USD 70